I’m thrilled to announce that I will be giving a TEDx talk at the end of this coming week!! I have been invited to speak this coming Friday on the subject of Real Food vs. Manufactured Calories, otherwise known as Your Health is on Your Plate! Yes, it’s really happening!
As if this weren’t exciting enough, in addition I had the opportunity to hear a few of the talks this past week at a rehearsal, and I must tell you that I was completely blown away by them! Not exaggerating. I cannot wait to hear the rest!!
Here’s a rundown of my talk:
1. We’re all in this together, so either we figure it out or we pay the price. And don’t try and kid yourself — we can’t afford it.
2. When I worked as an environmental engineering consultant, I learned that it’s smarter to prevent trouble than to chase it. Well, yeah.
3. As smart as they are, almost all the patients I have taken care of over the past 20 years have been unable to figure out how to fix this problem. That means we’re missing something…
4. And that something is this: obesity is a malnourished state. If we want to fix it, we’re going to have to improve the nutritional quality of the food we eat. P.S. The processed food industry will not help us; we’re going to have to do this ourselves.
5. Then comes the heart of the talk — how to tell what real food looks like.
6. This is the part of the talk where I show before and after photos — of ME!!
7. I end with a quote from a famous politician (you’ll see it on the video) and some hopefully inspiring words of encouragement. And that’s it!
So stay tuned, and wish me luck!! Thank you for your support and encouragement, and thank you, most of all, for reading Your Health is on Your Plate.