I’m still collecting recipes for you to make to celebrate the end of football season! I hope you like this one! Many of the ingredients for this recipe have winter written all over them, which I am very happy about, since you can probably guess that I like to eat food in season.
- 1 c. cooked wild rice (at room temp)
- 2 c. cooked brown rice (at room temp)
- 2 c. baby kale, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. dried tart cherries
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
Prepare the brown rice and wild rice in advance, and set aside. You can even make these several days in advance, and then store them in the refrigerator. When you are ready to make the salad, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small glass Pyrex bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Then combine the rice, kale, fruits and vegetables in a large serving bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Serve at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.
Thank you to reciperunner.com for a prior version of this recipe.