In case you’re wondering, THIS is what you should do with your roasted ears of corn! ‘Tis the season!!
- 1 c. black quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. corn kernels (from 2 ears of corn, roasted on the grill if you are so lucky, otherwise boiled)*
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 c. cucumber (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
1) Heat quinoa and salt with water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Add the quinoa, corn, tomatoes, cabbage and cucumber to a generous-sized bowl.
3) Blend together the dressing ingredients until smooth, pour over the vegetables, and toss until well mixed.
4) Call the troops! Plan on this amount feeding 3-6, depending what else is on the table.
*Note: if the corn is incredibly fresh and sublimely sweet, consider using the raw kernels. But that is up to you.